YOUR MUST-HAVE SKINCARE PRODUCTS FOR A #MILDNIGHTIN
Sure, a wild night out can be fun, but sometimes you need a #MildNightIn to balance things out.
Snuggle up, it’s about to get real cozy up in here.
The most important thing for a #MildNightIn is hygge. What is hygge? Glad you asked.
Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) is the Danish word for the feeling of coziness, warmth and comfort that comes from enjoying life’s simple pleasures—ultra-warm wool socks, a cup of coffee made just the way you like it, spending time with loved ones. It’s the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you’re bundled up under blankets when there’s a storm outside. It’s the contentedness that takes over when you and your favorite person are sitting on the couch, both quietly reading.
If you follow us on Instagram, you’ve probably seen our #hyggetime posts, where we stay in and pamper ourselves with our must-have skincare products, including facial masks, facial cleansers and facial moisturizers. But there’s so much more to hygge than skincare. Basically, hygge can be found in everyday moments of life lived well.
So, how do you get your hygge on?
At least half of hygge comes from the atmosphere, so make the moment feel special.
- Light canldes– Bathe yourself in a warm glow.
- Snuggle up – Put on some well-loved wool socks, surround yourself with comfy pillows and blankets. Bonus points if you’re in a nook by a window.
- Be present – Unplug and engage with your surroundings.
FREE TIME = ME TIME
Hygge is about finding pleasure in the everyday, including your skincare routine. Here’s how to hygge-fy your next pampering session:
- Set the mood – Put on your fluffiest slippers, light some candles and smile to yourself in the mirror.
- Slow down – Take time to show your skin the love it deserves. From cleanser to toner, serum, mask and moisturizer, there’s no need to rush.
- Enjoy the moment – Lose yourself in addictive aromas and nurturing textures. While you’re at it, treat yourself with a mini-massage. You deserve it.
SHARE THE LOVE
SHARE THE LOVE
Friends who hygge together, stay together. Here are some ways to hygge with the ones you love:
- Game on – Gather your closest friends and your favorite board games for a hyggelig (hygge-like) time.
- Bake together – The only thing better than trading recipes and making memories is enjoying the treats you created.
- Movie night – Pick a classic and cozy up. Your party can be BYOB (bring your own blanket) for an extra boost of hygge.
Wanna show off your #hyggetime or your must-have skincare products?
Tag us @olehenriksen on Instagram so we can see your #MildNightIn! Remember, you don’t choose the snug life. The snug life chooses you.