Thank you for visiting olehenriksen.com. OLEHENRIKSEN of Denmark, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Kendo Holdings, Inc. (OLEHENRIKSEN) is committed to protecting your privacy.
What Personal Information is Collected
Depending on how you use OLEHENRIKSEN, we may ask you to share personal information with us. If you choose not to give OLEHENRIKSEN information, you may not be able to use some of our services and may not be able to make a purchase. We may also maintain a record of the products you purchase from us.
When Personal Information is Collected
OLEHENRIKSEN will ask you for information, including some personal information, if you use one of several services:
- Becoming a registered user. In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, shipping address and billing address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit the Sites or make a purchase. Once you register, you will have an account with OLEHENRIKSEN and a password to access that account. You may never use another person's account without permission and you may not use anyone else's password. You should keep your registration current and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. Please also let us know if there is any unauthorized use of your account or password. We recommend that you always log out from your account at the end of a session with us to prevent other people from accessing your account without your permission.
- Making a purchase. When you buy something on olehenriksen.com and you are not a registered user, you may use the guest checkout feature and will have to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. OLEHENRIKSEN will retain this information for internal purposes and may use your email address following your purchase to contact you for marketing purposes unless you opt-out. You will not be a registered user. If you are a registered user, you can store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses in the My Account - Profile page for easy access. If you change your mind about storing this information as a registered user, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the My Account-Profile page and following the instructions. You can access this section using your registration password.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Surveys. If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, you will be asked to provide the same information as a registered user (if you aren't one already). We may also ask you for some other demographic information, such as your age. If you choose not to provide this information, you probably will not be able to participate in the sweepstakes, contest or survey.
- Our Ratings & Reviews or Question & Answer services. When you use the Ratings & Reviews service you must become a registered user (if you aren’t already one) and any personal information you submit will become part of your profile, as maintained by OLEHENRIKSEN
- Public Information. Please note that if you choose to share information about yourself in an open format, such as through a Third Party Site like Facebook or Twitter or in the user-generated content elements of our own Sites, we consider that information to be public information - and not personal information.
How OLEHENRIKSEN Protects Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example:
We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third party interception.
- We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered. We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card for verification purposes.
- We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
Unfortunately, despite all of our efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. For example, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of your data on an iPhone (or other telephone device that can use iPhone applications) or on your Twitter page or on another computer. This reality is true of all Internet or data transmission use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
How OLEHENRIKSEN Uses Your Personal Information
OLEHENRIKSEN collects personal information primarily to make our services more rewarding for you to use. We usually use this information for internal purposes, such as studying our customers' preferences. We may also use your information to contact you for account and promotional purposes.
In the event that another company buys the assets or stock of OLEHENRIKSEN, your personal information may then belong to another entity.
How to Avoid Receiving Newsletters and Other olehenriksen.com Materials
We use e-mail addresses we collect from you to send out newsletters and other announcements with information about olehenriksen.com’s new products, gifts and special features. If you register with us, you can choose not to receive these announcements by opting-out of delivery at the time you register. If you are not a registered user and you provide your e-mail address to us when making a purchase and do not opt-out of delivery at the time of the purchase but later receive a newsletter or another announcement from us and want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list. If you are a registered user and receive an e-mail from us but want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list.
Who Views Your Personal Information
OLEHENRIKSEN may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes.
Some personal information is stored on servers owned by other companies. Only OLEHENRIKSEN has the right to access this information.
We may share aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users.
Any personal information that you include in your profile or in any content submitted when using our interactive services like Ratings & Reviews or through Third Party Sites will be displayed on our Sites, so please consider this before submitting any such content. Please don't submit any information that you don't want the whole world to know!
Personal information may be disclosed if required by law.
Cookies, Pixel Tags and Tracking
OLEHENRIKSEN wants to give you the best possible experience when you visit olehenriksen.com and our other Sites. We like to constantly update and improve the features on our Sites, we like to personalize your browsing and shopping experience and we like to recognize you when you return to olehenriksen.com. We have a variety of ways of doing this.
We collect information about how you use our Sites by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small data file that identifies the web browser on a particular computer. No personal information is stored in the cookie itself. When you visit one of our Sites, a cookie will be sent to your browser and then stored on your computer's hard drive. We use these cookies to track information about how often you visit our web site, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave the site. We also link the visitor ID from your cookie to a user ID in our database to help us analyze web traffic and statistics. Other companies help us with data research and analysis, but they are prohibited from using that data for any other purpose. Cookies also help us improve your shopping experience by, among other things, keeping track of your preferences, recognizing you if you are a registered user, and tracking your order as you shop on olehenriksen.com. If any of your personal information needs to be accessed during that process, you will have to log in or otherwise authenticate yourself. If you don't like cookies, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. For instructions, look at your browser's Help menu. Note that certain features of olehenriksen.com may not be available if you delete or reject cookies.
We may use pixel tags (also called web beacons or "clear" gifs) on our Sites. They help us analyze what our clients like to do on our Sites and the effectiveness of our features and advertising. They can also help us customize your browsing and shopping experience. We may use information collected through pixel tags or tracked links in combination with your personally identifiable information. We may also combine personally identifiable information you provide to OLEHENRIKSEN with other personal information (such as purchase history and demographic information). We work with other companies to help us track, collect and analyze this information but they are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
Children Under 13
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our Sites, but you cannot make a purchase. You also cannot become a registered user, or use any service on our Sites that asks for personal information. Our Sites are not designed for children. We do not wish to collect personal information from children under 13.
This policy is designed to protect children. Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children's privacy. For more information about this federal law and about children's privacy, click here.
If you register with us and we discover that you are under 13, we will delete your registration. We will send you a message if we do this. If you are under 13 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent to place the order for you.
Social Commerce and Other Third Parties
We work with trusted third parties, including social network sites like Facebook, and with application developers who specialize in social commerce so we can connect to your social networks. Other social networks we use include, but are not limited to Twitter, MySpace, Delicious, foursquare and Digg. All of these companies operate Third Party Sites. We provide access to our Sites by third parties and business partners so we can generate interest in our products among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product interests with friends in your network.
The use of any features made available to you on our Sites by a third party may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by the third party. Information collected or shared through any such third party features is considered "public information" by us because the Third Party Sites made it publicly available. If you do not want us to be able to access information about you from Third Party Sites, you must instruct Third Party Sites not to share the information. We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by Third Party Sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt out of sharing such information. OLEHENRIKSEN is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you. However, we do identify any areas on our Sites where third parties share information about you.
Facebook's "Like" feature is a good example. (Other third parties have or may have similar ways for you to express positive opinions about our products - now or in the future.) We have agreed to allow Facebook's "Like" feature to run alongside images of our products so you can "like" one of our products and to see how many other Facebook users "like" each of our products. You should know that Facebook may collect or register the fact that you "like" a product and may post that information to your "News Feed" on Facebook and to your Facebook profile's "Wall" and "Info" pages. So, the fact that you "like" one or more of our products may be made known to members of your Facebook network. This would be true for your friends too. If they "like" one of our products, you will see it on his or her News Feed, Wall or Info pages. Finally, by "liking" one of our products, you consent to the display of that information by us. If you do not wish this to happen, you should not click that you "like" a product and you should review your privacy settings on Facebook (or similar Third Party Site). Note that we are not obligated to display someone's name, profile photo or other "public" Facebook profile information on our website even if that Facebook user "likes" one of our products. We reserve the right to remove the information of any person which we deem to be inconsistent with our ideals or otherwise inappropriate for public association with our company. We may remove from our Sites, in our sole discretion, any product offering or any photo or product description relating thereto.
If you would like to opt out of advertisers' cookies that track anonymous information, click here.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS?
Attn: Privacy Officer
c/o Kendo Holdings Inc.
425 Market Street, 19th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105