You might be wondering how this even works? Your body is wrapped like a mummy in these stretchy ace bandages that are soaked in detoxifying clay. The wrapping process takes approximately 45 minutes. Once you are covered in the clay wrap, you put on a big jump suit (it kind of looks like a fun space suit!) and you lay down on the massage table for an hour. I personally like to add a reflexology massage or facial to my contour wrap or, you can always take a little nap. At the end of the hour, you get out of your jump suit, get un-wrapped and feel like a brand new person. I really didn’t think it would work for me, but it did and I was shocked by the results! (Even some of my friends noticed the difference).
There are four main reasons to get a contour wrap:
- Tone, Firm, Tighten – The universal contour wrap works with the body’s elastin and tightens areas where fat is stored, sculpting your body into a more sleek, toned shape. It’s great to do right before a big event, after a pregnancy to tone up those last few inches or after extreme weight loss to tighten your body.
- Detoxifying – The unique mineral rich clay solution helps to extract toxins located beneath the skin leaving you feeling revitalized and toned.
- Exfoliating and Cleansing – During the treatment your entire body is wrapped in ace bandages that have been soaked in warm cleansing clay, leaving you glowing after each treatment.
- Jump start your Confidence – This is the most important reason for me. I gained confidence and got back on track for a weight loss / health plan. Since I’ve had the contour wrap treatment, I have felt better about myself, which inspired me to stay on track with my healthy eating and exercise plan.
There are a few things you should know:
- While you are guaranteed to lose at least 6 inches (and it stays off for at least 30 days), you shouldn’t expect to lose pounds or water weight. The detoxifying clay removes toxins from your body, but not fat or excess water.
- Showering without soapy water for 24-72 hours after the treatment helps prolong the detoxification process. The clay can stay on your skin and continue to work for up to 3 days.
- Drink plenty of water during the days to follow to help flush your body of impurities that were released during the wrap process.
Whatever your reason may be – I highly recommend trying this treatment for summer. As a blog reader, when you purchase a series of 3 contour wraps, you will receive a complimentary purifying facial (Value $120) now through the end of August at the OLEHENRIKSEN FACE / BODY SPA (310-854.7700). Happy summer!